The Virginia Center for Health Innovation (VCHI), in partnership with Virginia Health Information (VHI), is seeking a full-time communications coordinator to advance both organizations’ collaborative missions of using data to drive health improvement and innovation. This position will develop communications plans, solidify media relations, develop advertising materials and expand social media presence equally for both nonprofit organizations.
Both VCHI and VHI are experiencing growth and are seeking to hire a dedicated and ambitious individual looking to grow their career and be part of two winning teams with similar office cultures and a track record of working together. The position is primarily remote but the candidate must live within driving distance of the Richmond Metro area and be available to attend in-person external and team meetings as needed. This position will report to the VCHI CEO with direction for VHI work provided by the broader VHI management team.
Responsibilities for Communications Coordinator
1. Implement and expand a winning social media strategy including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and blog posts and ensure brand consistency
2. Write a variety of content to support communications and marketing efforts including newsletters, website copy and press releases
3. Develop slide deck templates and infographics and assist with graphic design and/or coordinate with graphic design contractor(s)
4. Assist with the recording and posting of occasional podcast episodes (Smarter Care Connections)
5. Develop content and create corporate videos and marketing collateral for publication on social and print media
6. Administer and analyze periodic surveys utilizing Survey Monkey
7. Assist leadership in developing and implementing communication strategies to further organizational aims and objectives
8. Present to, educate and engage the VCHI and VHI Boards of Directors on marketing, communications strategies and activities
9. Track Google Analytics stats on website interaction and develop strategies to increase utilization and improve search engine results; serve as the Google Administrator for VCHI
10. Manage the use of external resources as they pertain to the marketing and communications function (e.g. advertising agency, printers, etc.)
11. Cultivate and maintain a strong and productive relationship with both print and electronic media outlets; ensure both organizations are understood and the media are interested in presenting information to the public in a manner that informs and educates them on mission-related topics and the organizations as trusted, unbiased sources
12. Stay up to date on industry trends and make recommendations for adjustments to communications campaigns and strategies
1. 2+ years’ experience in a communications or marketing role
2. Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, journalism, communications, public relations, English or related field
3. Superior time management and organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
4. Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of two “all-hands-on-deck” teams
5. Works with initiative in a telecommute environment but enjoys in-person interactions with a small team environment
6. Ability to quickly shift gears, adapt to changing needs and juggle multiple priorities effectively and efficiently
7. Exceptional writing and interpersonal communications skills
8. Relevant experience determining a target audience and how to cater unique marketing campaigns to capture their attention
9. Is persuasive in communications and passionate about PR
10. Familiarity with MS Office Suite, Survey Monkey, WP Engine, Word Press, Canva, Mailchimp, Google Analytics as well as graphic design
11. Knowledge of health policy a plus
Anticipated salary range: $50,000-$65,000 depending on experience. Position benefits will be through VCHI which offers vacation and sick leave, a flexible work schedule and generous contributions to retirement and health insurance.
To apply: Email your resume, cover letter, and a list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with Communications Coordinator in the subject line. Position remains open until filled. All applications will be treated confidentially.
More About the Virginia Center for Health Innovation (VCHI):
VCHI facilities innovation by convening key stakeholders and securing the resources to accelerate value-driven models of wellness and healthcare throughout Virginia. The entity’s strength lies in its ability to serve as a trusted convener that turns competitors into collaborators ,working to design a health care system that delivers better health for patients, better satisfaction for providers, and better value for Virginia. Find out more at www.vahealthinnovation.org
More About Virginia Health Information (VHI):
VHI has administered healthcare data collection, exchange and reporting programs across the Commonwealth since 1993. Almost every interaction within the Virginia healthcare system creates data that is facilitated and shared by VHI. It serves as an unbiased source of healthcare information to businesses, consumers, health insurance companies and other stakeholders. Find out more at www.vhi.org
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of both VCHI and VHI to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected characteristics as established by law. VCHI and VHI hire only U.S. citizens and non-citizens who are legally authorized to work in the US.