Position: Project Coordinator
Reporting to: President and Chief Executive Officer
The Virginia Center for Health Innovation (www.vahealthinnovation.org) is a nonprofit, public- private partnership with a mission to accelerate the adoption of value-driven healthcare in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Our strength lies in our ability to serve as a trusted convener that turns competitors into collaborators working to design a health care system that delivers better health for patients, better satisfaction for providers, and better value for Virginia. We are seeking a motivated individual to join our team as a project coordinator with responsibility for two new grant-funded programs. This is a full-time position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer:
It is the Virginia Center for Health Innovation’s (VCHI) policy to provide an equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. VCHI hires only U.S. citizens and Non-citizens who are legally authorized to work in the United States.
The Project Coordinator will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Innovation Officer to ensure the success of two new grant-funded programs. The first program is aimed at the reduction of unnecessary and potentially harmful medical care in Virginia and the second program aims to improve Virginia’s HPV vaccination rates. This position will support both programs.
- Establishing project management systems to monitor program schedules, deliverables, consultants and adherence to budget.
- Assisting with program curriculum development.
- Organizing, attending and participating in stakeholder meetings and assuring travel and meeting logistics are satisfactorily addressed.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Providing administrative support and undertaking additional project tasks as required.
- Developing project strategies and assessing project risks and issues and providing solutions where applicable.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in public policy, health administration, public health, business or related field of study.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a all-hands-on-deck team.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Confident and competent working with a variety of technology systems and software including Mac computers, virtual communication tools, MS Office, Canva, and social media platforms.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required.
up to $40,000 depending on experience
VCHI offers vacation and sick leave, a flexible work schedule, and contributions to retirement and health insurance.
Email your resume, cover letter, and a list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with Project Coordinator in the subject line. Position remains open until filled. All applications will be treated confidentially. No phone calls please.
The Virginia Center for Health Innovation provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of disability, race, age, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, or political affiliation.