The VCHI Fellowship program provides a valuable opportunity for Virginia graduate students from a wide variety of disciplines to get engaged with our work. VCHI Fellows primarily support activities of the Virginia Health Innovation Network, VCHI's online learning and collaboration platform. The fellowship is remote and students from across Virginia are invited to apply.
- Fellows contribute one blog post to the Virginia Health Innovation Network each month during the six-month fellowship. Blog topics may be assigned by VCHI staff or self-selected by the fellow with approval of VCHI staff.
- Fellows are invited to attend VCHI board and leadership council meetings held quarterly.
- Opportunity to participate in other meetings and projects as appropriate.
- Fantastic networking opportunity and resume builder.
- Stipend of $250/month provided.
- Must be a member of the Virginia Health Innovation Network
- Able to commit at least 5 hours/week for six months.
- Current graduate or professional student in Virginia studying: health administration; economics; business; law; policy; medicine; dentistry; nursing; wellness; nutrition; and other health professions.
- Students should have working knowledge of the healthcare industry in Virginia and be familiar with current policy issues.
- Regular internet access
- Innovative, creative thinker with interest in technology and social networking.
- Ability to demonstrate appropriate judgment and maintain professional conduct online.
- Able to take a multidisciplinary approach to analyzing/interacting with healthcare issues.